Friday, August 10, 2007

President Faust


President James E. Faust passed away early this morning. I am completely inadequate to pay a proper tribute to him. I felt quite somber this morning after learning the news.
I have been struggling with a situation for quite some time now and after harboring pain for far too long, just yesterday sought the peace of forgiveness, both desired and given. I found it quite humbling to recall President Faust's final conference talk was on forgiveness. It really reminded me that life here on earth is too short to hold grudges or take offense. I need to work on that.

President Faust's concluding words: Let us remember that we need to forgive to be forgiven. In the words of one of my favorite hymns, "Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be e'en forgiven now by me."20 With all my heart and soul, I believe in the healing power that can come to us as we follow the counsel of the Savior "to forgive all men."21 In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I am so grateful to have been old enough to have heard and grown to love this great man. I am confident he is moving mountains more than ever before.

0 comments:

The Summerhays Archives