Sunday, August 5, 2007

Grandma Summerhays


What a beautiful Grandma!

We love Grandma Summerhays!! She is such a funny lady! :) We went to visit her last Tuesday night and brought along a strawberry pie to share. I made the pie as a surprise for Patrick since I found a great deal on the berries and was pretty excited about it. Anyway, we took it over to share with Grandma, but it hadn't set up right- It was super liquidy and we had to eat it in bowls. I was pretty disappointed but Grandma just raved about it. "Oh, I love strawberry pie! Wow! Fresh strawberries! What a crust!" etc. It wasn't actually that terrific (or even terrific at all),but Grandma sure made me feel great about it. :)


She and Christian share a pretty special bond. She was so excited about him my whole pregnancy and we brought him to see her when he was 6 days old.

She was so happy about that. Then, at about 3 weeks, he put on a big show for her full of smiles, laughs, and coos, something he'd never done before. She still talks about that special night every time we visit. Tuesday he kept going after her ring and watch, pulling her hand and fingers to which she exclaimed "whoa, boy! They can put you to work milking cows!" It was funny.




She is so special to me. I have no living grandparents now, so I am so grateful for every moment spent with Patrick's. Grandma Summerhays is an amazing woman. We love hearing her stories, her excitement for BYU football, her great positive attitude, and everything else about her. I love how she speaks so highly of others, especially Mom Summerhays. She raves about mom every visit (and the raving is well-deserved).


(her hair isn't done in these pictures, but I still think she looks great- She still has that friendly look and I think she radiates.)

She sure loves Patrick! Maybe it's because he's going to be a band director and they share a love of music or maybe its the BYU connection, or maybe it's just because he's so dang awesome. :)


WE LOVE YOU, GRANDMA!

1 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

What a cute tribute to Grandma Summerhays. She sounds like a wonderful woman. Love the pictures and the updates! Keep it up! you inspire me! (By the way, you need to fix the link to my site!!!) Love ya!

The Summerhays Archives