Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma Great!

Monday we went and visited Grandma Great. She turned 92 a week ago and is truly amazing. We will miss her tremendously when she is gone- she is so loving and kind to our little family and always makes us feel like a million bucks. Plus, she always raves about my hair. :P

grandma's birthday card:

So patrick and i worked up a piano/sax duet he arranged for a class a few years ago of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. We went and played it for grandma and she loved it. in fact, she was in tears. it was extremely touching- she was so appreciative-and i am SO grateful we were able to do that for her. She is such an incredible woman.

Our boys love her, too. We were going to try to visit her Sunday evening and so we told Christian. He was super disappointed when we didn't go, and spent all Monday asking if we could go see Grandma Great.





Afterwards we went to chili's to use some gift certificates I won at Evan's jazz swing night.






Man, I love my family!!

4 comments:

Patrick said...

Just so everyone knows, that is a race car sticker on Christian's forehead in the last photo.

Anonymous said...

Did you get a cuttlebug?!?!? I hope so! Super cute card!!

Staigerfamily said...

I love the new family picture in your banner! EXCELLENT! You have serious card talent!

beckstarr said...

holy cow! Your sweet boys are getting so big! And so cute! I love that expression on Channing's face. It reminds me of Aaron! I swear we're family somewhere. Such a cute card. You're some kinda card mistress these days- all of them are craft-book worthy. We'll call you the craftress. That's more appropriate.

The Summerhays Archives