Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Disneyland Extravaganza of Awesomeness


(I started this post waaaay back the end of aug/early sept before our world fell apart. It was a big special trip that I'm so so SO glad we went on- to have such a great time with our kiddos, to relax and just have a blast- and I wouldn't trade it for anything- especially now, knowing the hell we we were about to go through. )

Aug 9-14th we spent on a MUCH anticipated (...5 years for P and I) trip to Disneyland. We went with my brother, Nate and fam (which conveniently includes 2 of Christian and Channing's best friends- Cannon and Noah. And an awesome big brother. And a fabulous SIL.)


it. was. awesome.

With 3 kids 3 and under in the backseat, we knew we had to make the ride fairly enjoyable. No DVD player, (no CD or tape player, either...) meant other measures had to be taken. I do have to give my kids major credit- they are Awesome travelers. We have driven around long distances (though never this long) since the time Christian was an infant, and we honestly haven't ever really had issues. Yes, blessed.

Anyways- they each have a toy story backpack that they got to fill with a few favorite toys and books. I purchased some knick-nacks and wrapped them in totally classy/upscale wrapping paper (er...newspaper ads..) and passed out a new 'present' every so often.

We stopped in NV for the night- and as we pulled up near a hotel shaped kinda like a castle- Christian so excitedly exclaimed: We're here!!! It's disneyland!!!
oh kid. Just you wait. :D

The first night in NV- unwrapping their special gifts :) I made each boy a matching shirts for each day in the park- buzz, lightening mcqueen, and mickey. super fun. :)

DAY ONE:

Waiting to check-in at the hotel- wearing their matching Buzz Lightyear t-shirts- haven't even stepped into the park, and already the kids are in heaven. :)
The boys' favorite ride. We rode this like 4 times. :)

DAY TWO:



The pixar parade- one of my most favorite parts! And I don't have the picture (nate? Molly?) but the boys got their picture taken with Lightening mcQueen himself. Christian touched him and it was like he was totally starstruck at meeting and seeing LQ in the FLESH. so stinking cute. :)

Day 3:
We got to enjoy a Character Breakfast at a cute little cafe inside the park. The food was amazing- and we got to see tons of characters: Hook, Fairy Godmother, Chip&Dale, Eeyore, Pooh, Minnie, and a few others- it was awesome. Definitely a favorite part. :)







matchies! :)




I love their concentration, focus, and determination.

anna checking out It's a Small World- another favorite
Anna sleeping perfectly

Christian saying goodbye with Mickey outside our hotel

On the way back, we stopped at the beach (the kids have never been)- the water was frigid, but the sand was awesome. :)






It was such a fabulous trip- the kids were completely awesome, the weather lovely, and the memories treasured.

Till next time!

6 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

This is AWESOME! Love the matching T-shirts idea! What a great trip and fantastic memory builder! Looks like a blast!!

Lisa Summerhays said...

We talk about Disneyland on a daily basis and we aren't going for another 6 months. Truly is a magical place.

Looks like a blast. Love that you had your pic taken with Captain Hook (my favorite character). Your shirts are fabulous! I love the gift giving on the way there to keep the kids entertained idea too. Great thinking!

Jake & Bec said...

October 2012 is looking even more tempting!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

OH MY WORD. You are super-Mom! I love the t-shirts, such a cute idea. Glad you guys were able to have some awesomeness in Disneyland before the filth went down. You're such a fun Mom - I freaking love your family.

Mary said...

Sorry to bother you, I have a strange question. I found your blog because I am looking for the song Birthday, Birthday, coming to Earth day, pink and wrinkled and small... I googled it and it came up that you had a post with that title back in 2007. I have it stuck in my head and don't know where I have heard it. I want to use it for girls camp in two days and don't know where to find it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mary

tawna said...

mary- i have no idea how to contact you, but the song is by Janice Kapp Perry- titled Birthday, Birthday. I have in as part of her 70 favorite Children's songs.

Hope this helps! Its a great, fun song. :D

The Summerhays Archives