Monday, February 25, 2013

Overheard at our house

Christian fell and got some pretty bad scrapes on the palms of his hands.
One night while I was changing the band aids- he was already lying in bed ready for sleep.
As I applied neosporin and a band-aid, he very gently and sweetly told me:

C; "Mom. You're so clever."
Me:"Oh thank you, son. Why am I so clever?"
C: "Because your so soft and kind when you put my band-aids on."


A few weeks ago, Christian said goodbye to his teacher, Mrs. Festa.
She replied "Goodbye, Christian"

C:"Mom! How does she know my name?!?"
Me: "Um, because she's your teacher..."
C: "But!  Was she there when I was born? Did she see me in my stocking? " (Because he is a Christmas Day baby, after his first bath, the nurses brought Christian to me in a giant Christmas stocking)
Me: No. She wasn't there
C: "Then how does she know it??"
Me: "Um, because we told her. At the beginning of School. A long time ago."
C: "What?! It was supposed to be a secret!"


funny kid.

(We've had almost this exact conversation twice. His total surprise that this lady know my name. Kills me. :P )

1 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh goodness! I love your kids so so much! They are brilliant! And you are clever, Tawna ;)

The Summerhays Archives