Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Castle Valley

About 2 weeks ago...
We had such a fun time going down to the Castle Valley Pageant with Nate and Molly. To start off the evening, we enjoyed the traditional Lamb Fry fundraiser. Patrick was greatly pleased with the lamb. :) The Pageant tells the story of the early pioneers who settled in San Pete and were called by Brigham Young to setlle Castle Valley. Although I found it quite cheesy as I find most pageants to be, I nevertheless found myself brought to tears several times. Yes, I am a sap. :)


Us as a pioneer family- I love how Christian's hands are poking through. :)

The most incredible part of the whole thing for me were the stars. Wow. I have been camping several times, been to yellowstone, been out in the boonies, but I don't think I have ever seen such incredible stars. They were so bright and seemed so close. For me, stars are earthly proof that there is a God and that He truly is in control.

0 comments:

The Summerhays Archives