Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween!!!

So, Halloween gets a bad rap. But, I won't hesitate to say that I LOVE it! To me, few things could be greater than dressing up and getting loaded up on free candy. Seriously. It's awesome.

I REALLY miss trick or treating. Again, I am of the belief that as long as you dress up, you're never too old to trick or treat. Now if I can just persuade society... (and patrick...)

Christian was the greatest Vampire ever. He has a fabulous widow's peak which lent itself perfectly to the part. I spent ridiculously forever on his cape-- simply because I didn't have enough fabric to do the simple pattern. Thus, I had to be extremely creative and invent one of my own. Major pain. But worth it. :)

Like his fabulous coffin candy pail? Me too. :)

Patrick was a vampire victim, I was Pippi, and christian was awesome. :)




Can't wait for next year!! :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha HA! Loved it! And I disagree...Halloween is for little people. you can dress up all you want, but the trick or treating is for kids. But that's why ou have kids. The more kids you have the better you'll do at Halloween! :) Do you have any pictures of Christian in his costume? I'm bummed cause I can't see his fantastic cape very well. :-(

Nathan said...

Yikes... that little vampire baby, with his pointy sideburns and coffin bag, really gives me the heebe geebees. He came to our house hoping to suck our blood, but fortunately we acted quickly and were able to fend him off with some candy. But I just can't quit thinking that someday, he'll be back...

vblogger said...

Dang--wish I could have seen that! We had a blast with Rob--"cloud" Jeremy "Mr. Snipes", Wes "Pirate", and Alaina "Princess".

You're awesome--I like the candy, too, but Becky's not a fan. Our kids made some good $$ in our parent buyback program. But, they still have tons left to rot their teeth.

michelle said...

Tawna, your costumes were awesome! I think Christian's little teeth definitely fueled the authenticity of the costume. He looked great (read: nice work on the cape).

Kristyn said...

I like the vblogger's idea on the buyback program! Watch, my kid will care less about the money and more about the candy.

You guys look great. Halloween IS a great holiday!!

Kristyn said...

By the way, I was thinking about you guys randomly one day and thought you could totally rename your blog to the PT Cruisers! Or, you should just buy one one day. That would be pretty funny. Okay, maybe it was cooler in my head than written down.

Gary Church said...

Tawna Summerhays!!

How did I not know that you got married AND I didn't know you had a kid! Holy smokes! I found your blog on Trisa's ... hope you don't mind ... I have really good blog stalking abilities.

You look awesome! I miss you guys and all your funny stories. Keep in touch!

Janette

janetteandgary.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Um..time for an updated post. :)

Kristi Harrison said...

okay so i stocked you. i admit it. but Christian is adorable. he looks exactly like you. a mini boy version of tawna. anyway love the blog and i hope everything is going well in the mommy/wife department.

The Summerhays Archives