Thursday, March 20, 2008

St. George Reception

The first weekend of this month Patrick, Christian, and I went down to st. George for Marianne and Austin's open house. Uncle Lane has a super nice condo/house down there and so we decided to go up friday afternoon for a overnight getaway. Patrick's family joined us Sat. afternoon.
It was SUCH a fun weekend! I loved the mini road trip. Upon arrival, we stopped by good ol WallyWorld for some groceries. We had some lasagna and spring oreos. YUM. We stayed up to watch a movie and just had a great evening.
Saturday morning we got up and hooked the kid trailer onto a bike and went for a bike ride. The weather was nice and warm and a MUCH needed change from Provo. bleh.
Then we went swimming at the club house. Despite the picture, Christian was LOVING it! That kid loves 'swimming' (we just took pictures a little late...)

Sunday after church we stopped by Brigham Young's "winter house" for a little tour. It was pretty awesome. My dad is all about stopping by historical sites and I've grown to like it a lot, too. At the house, we heard the story of Saint Potato George and how brigham Young named St. George after him. And, why you should eat the potato peels. :)

It was such a wonderful weekend!!!


I love how he's just resting his head on Mama's lap. SWEETIE.


Anybody notice a very 'somber' trend here?

I promise this kid really is happy. And smiles a lot. And even laughs. And actually is goofy. I Promise. :)

3 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

MMMMMM MMMMMMMM! I don't know what it is about little boys in suits, but DANG! They are SO cute. Christian is especially adorable. I love the last picture...he looks like a little banker to me. Glad you had such a blast!

Sarah said...

he is such a stud in his suit, I love it! I have never seen a cuter child, too bad he is too young for Anna, maybe if we have another girl we can hook them up!

Staigerfamily said...

He looks like such a little man! So cute . . . I love the serious look . . . remember how Nathan always (still does) scowled at the camera?!? They most be related!

The Summerhays Archives