Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun Times (no pictures, but still, fun times)

As a record for my own brain...

This last weekend Nate and Molly so very kindly watched Christian so Patrick and I could have a much needed date.

I brought my camera along, but totally failed to take pictures. Alas.

We dropped Christian off at their house and then went for a ride on their sweet and super stylin' tandem bike. We rode to the sports store where we bought a basketball (okay, 2- one for N&M by request and 1 for patrick with his birthday money from last year). It was SO fun. The best was cruising down a semi steep hill riding in the back where I cant see anything of where we're going or various obstacles..scary and super fun.

Then we went to the elementary school and played around the world and a little one on one. I did feel pretty cool of my 8mo preggers, basketball playing, tandem riding self. Then we topped the night of with SMORES at N&Ms.

Thanks a ton guys for watching our kiddo!
Thanks Patrick for a fabulous date. :)


Also, Ive been trying to stay(stay? ha. More like get into..) decent shape and with the nicer weather have felt much more inclined to do so. The fact that sooner or later this kiddo will no longer reside in my tummy and I'll have to have another excuse for its lovely roundness is also lingering on my brain...

So! I started jogging. The first 2 days I tried, It was more of a lifted-foot-glide and I couldnt get more than 2 blocks. The 3rd day I was able to do a full mile non-stop with out any discomfort whatsoever. This is exciting!!

Keep in mind this "fitness' (if we can even call it that) in no way deters me from eating multiple Smores on previously mentioned date, or from helping myself to vast amounts of ice-cream, chocolate, sweets of any kind whenever they are available. :P I still have my priorities.

1 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

What a date! Sounds like a blast!! I have yet to try a tandem bike. . . Glad to see you are still up and at 'em despite the watermelon growing inside you. I totally know what you mean about realizing the end is coming and the excuses will be gone. . . I am going to have to come up with another way to justify the arm, neck, and hip flab when I don't have the child in womb excuse! YIKES! You are an inspiration---

The Summerhays Archives