Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Okay. This was the best mother's day Ever. :) Patrick and Christian made me feel like a million bucks.

After getting limited sleep (of which he values immensely) Patrick got up early and made me a delicious breakfast of Blueberry pancakes, sausage, and Nesquik Chocolate milk, which he brought me, along with a beautiful bouquet of roses, to eat in bed. (story about the breakfast food: Saturday night as patrick was leaving to lock up the church, he asked what I wanted for breakfast-anything I wanted. Not associating the question with him wanting to make me breakfast for Mother's day, I said Chocolate milk- not the syrup kind, but the Quik kind. Donuts. Bacon. Sausage. He asked about blueberry pancakes- I said Id rather have chocolate milk. He left. I got a clue. Felt super bad- realized Id only requested stuff we didnt have, and realized I would love the pancakes and juice (which we DID have..) Doh.)

Anyways. PAtrick got christian fed and ready for church, took care of him all day, including all diaper duties, wrote and drew me a note, had christian draw me an "I love you, Mommy!" picture, and presented them with some of my favorite candies that afternoon. It was awesome. :)

Our past 2 mother's days together: #1) We announce to our parents that Im a pending mother and Patrick gives me a loving letter. 2) Patrick was on tour with the WS, but had, before he left, traced Christian's hand and made me a card for me to find that day. He also made a little video of he and christian singing some Mother primary songs for me to watch on the compy. 3) This past one.

I am so grateful to my husband and the value he places on motherhood. He is so wonderful and is so supportive of me in this role. Any success I may be having is because he is right there with me, cheering me on. I love you, babes.

To my moms: I love you! Thanks for all you do. I hope you had a most wonderful mother's day, too!



3 comments:

Patrick said...

Ow! OW! What a babe!

PerryParty3 said...

Yeah...that's what I was thinkin' too. Simply stunning! What a great guy you have...good thing too...or I'd have to hurt him.

Patrick said...

What's with the hostility? Ouch! I didn't realize I was walking a fine line.

The Summerhays Archives