Friday, May 16, 2008

Patrick's Post: The Curse of Friday Night

Once again Friday night is upon us and once again it will pass without the desired results: a date with my wife. We have long been afflicted by the Friday Night Curse and its relentless decimation of our weekend plans. For Eons now, I have been trying to take Tawna on a much deserved, long overdue date. When Friday rolls around, something is always there to get in the way. It reminds me of teaching a great first discussion to an investigator and right when you get to the Joseph Smith principle and the account of the First Vision, the phone rings. You know it is important when stuff like that happens. Tonight, I am stricken with a cold that has left me nothing more than a Zombified man. I even had a babysitter and everything!

There is only one thing to be done. We are going out on TUESDAY.

(I was going to add a picture of a zombie, but open searching for one I was grossed out by all the blood and guts.)

3 comments:

tawna said...

hehehe. Ah, but so true. Tragic.

P.S. For future remembrance: I am quite ill myself.

P.P.S. Babes- Im kinda intrigued by these zombie pictures...you should show me some!

PerryParty3 said...

lol...I love how you guys discuss things on your comments/blog. Hope you have fun on your date Tuesday! and I'm SUPER impressed Patrick found the babysitter! That's a feat I doubt I will ever see my husband do, but then again, he never ceases to suprise me.

Staigerfamily said...

I am totally impressed. Patrick--you are quite the guy! Tawna--you picked a good one!

The Summerhays Archives