Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catch up

I LOVE SUMMER.

Majorly. Big Time. Huge Crush. Twitter-pated. Seriously. I LOVE summer.

I used to not be like this.

I used to get sick of summer.

I used to miss school and all my friends.

Summer was dull.


NOT ANYMORE.

I LOVE having my husband feel stress-free from school! I LOVE the bright mornings and still-lit nights. I LOVE being able to play outside and have all sorts of adventures. Mostly, though, I LOVE having my best friend feel stress-free and ABLE to play!

So- here's a few things we've been up to.

The evening we got back from our fabulous camping trip (see previous post), Our dear friends and siblings, Jon and Alyson, invited us to go to 7 peaks with them. Hmm... or maybe it was the next weekend. Nuts, I forget. At any rate, we went to 7 Peaks. Shanners watched Channing for us, and we took Christian. IT WAS SO FUN!!! J&A were awesome enough to trade off watching Bubbies so we could all go on the slides. I was a huge fan. It was my first time there, and I loved it!
Afterwards, we came back to our house were we had delicious restaurant style mexican dinner that J&A brought over. We played games and ate brownies, and I lamely fell asleep during our extremely rousing game of Skip-bo, and then everybody left. Oops. :) But major thanks guys for SUCH A STINKING FUN AFTERNOON. Wooot!
(no pictures, but rest assured, Christian was the CUTEST creature on the planet (over the age of 2 weeks).

The next weekend I really wanted some watery fun, so we made a giant slip-n-slide out in our yard. It was a blast.

The funniest part: Patrick had me lay down on my tummy and had Christian straddle my back. He then picked up my legs and was going to try to push me along so Christian could get a good ride. It didn't work. I didn't move. Try to picture this, people. It looked pretty darn hilarious. Then our civilized neighbors from upstairs came walking out- they didn't get to witness the actual slipping and sliding, just me on my stomach, Patrick holding my legs try to shove me along a giant tarp with Christian on my back. We are official lunatics. Patrick's note: There was too much friction on the front of the slip-n-slide and not enough water. Once we got to the water it turned out to be a great idea and a lot of fun for Christian.

But we had FUN!

We did figure out that we could hold Christian's hands and run along the tarp and he would slide along nicely on his tooshie. As we would slide along the tarp, we'd say, "Weee!" and Christian started to crawl around the tarp saying "Wee!" It was super cute.




Later that night..

Patrick took me on a hot date (thanks, Stewarts, for watching our kids!) to McGrath's Fish House. It was super delicious. We got Italian sodas and accidentally slurped up all the syrup in the first drink... so we had to get new ones. :) Patrick's Note: Why in the lame-sauce did they not stir them up for us? That definitely put a ding in our server's tip.
Thanks babes for such an awesome night!

Can you tell I'm a happy girl?

4 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

you are so cute and so much fun! I miss you already and think that slide looks like a blast (although I would have loved to have seen patrick's unsuccessful attempt. . .sounds halarious!

PerryParty3 said...

That is the cutest picture of you! You guys are so creative and fun. You've got to come to Kennewick! :) I forgot about the slip and slide. Chelsea kept asking about it...when we were going to do it. Now we'll totaly have to come down again. :)

Patrick said...

You had better take another look, Tam. The attempt was not unsuccessful! It was a resounding success! Especially when we figured out that Tawna just needed more water under her to get going.

BrittWilk said...

you definitely look like a happy girl (and that picture is soooo cute)!! and for lots of good reasons. you have a good hubby, cute kids and a great life!

and... "the partridge in a pear tree" wasn't announcing anything unfortunately! i'd be ecstatic to be pregnant again... but alas, we have to wait until sept 2 for school (and maternity insurance) to start trying... :) hehe

The Summerhays Archives