Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Obsession?

So, there have been several nights in the last month that Christian has woken up calling for Daddy. It seems as though he's been having bad dreams or something of the sort. He needs comfort and love and then conks right back out.

Well, last night was one of those nights. Except he called for mommy.

I was too pooped to do anything. (Channing is going through a delightful growth spurt causing total starvation (or so he thinks) about 2-3 times in the night). So Daddy took over.

About 4 am christian is by my side getting in bed with us. Im too exhausted to do anything but let him in.

A bit later he calls out again. But not for Daddy. Not even for Mommy. No, this time, it was

"fooootball! foooooootball!"

So we got him his little basketball (it was closer to me than the football) and he fell right back to sleep.

What a turkey.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often wake up in the night yelling football! Especially after a particularly close game. It's a perfectly natural guy thing! :-)

Glad to see our boy has his seasons straight. I'd hate for him to be yelling "soccer, sooooccccceeeerrrr"

Staigerfamily said...

ha ha ha love it!

PerryParty3 said...

that's so cute! I would love to see in our toddler's dreams. Last night we had our FHE on temples, then went to our temple which is just down the street. Michael woke up crying "I wanna sleep in dat temple!"

Gary Church said...

Awesome. Y'all belong in the Texas with all that football obsessing! lol.

Randi said...

Hey, I don't know her, but I like the way Janette is thinking! You remember Texas right?! Your boys are so adorable! If you ever come down to Texas you better give me a call so I can meet them!

BrittWilk said...

hilarious! and i'm glad i'm not the only one who calls my child a "turkey"...

Jenni S. said...

I also call my son a "turk" (short for turkey, but I try to avoid it in public for fear that people will think I'm racist against Turks or something). I'm glad you've successfully endoctrinated Christian with BYU football so early on. Go Cougs!

Unknown said...

You know...Speaking of football, I don't thing we've seen ya'll since last football season! What the heck's up with that?! If we are truly "surrogate aunt and uncle" to Christian (and hopefully Channing), then we'd better get back together and make up on the family duties (and maybe a little football).

We love you guys. Let us know if you don't have our phone number anymore and we'll remedy that.

The Summerhays Archives