Saturday, January 31, 2009

Baby Shower

So, my dear and extra fabulous sister-in-law Alyson had her adorable baby a few weeks ago. When they told us they were expecting, I jumped at the opportunity to repay the kindness she often shows me and asked if I could throw her a baby shower. When it came down to it, I felt pretty intimidated because I'm sure others could have thrown a much more elaborate/fancy shower, and here I am a mommy of 2, in school full-time, and on a college-student budget, but alas! It was fun and I'm glad I got to do it.

Here's some remembrances of today's shower:

My sweet centerpieces-



Mama Wisdom book of advice we all wrote for her-


I didnt get a picture of the cheesecake/chococake-stars-dipped-in-chocolate-on-a-stick favors I made, but they were pretty cute.

The games consisted of a memory/matching game where the words to match and the treats were like 'hospital bill' = 100 Grand, "the daddy" = Mr. Goodbar, 'Umbilical cord'= nerds rope, 'naptime'=fastbreak, 'nursing bra'= Reese's Big Cup, etc.

And a Diaper TP game. (it seems that any shower-type party is really just an excuse to involve some toilet papery game...) The people paired up and one had to be diapered. The judging was based on style, absorbency, efficiency, etc.

Janice and Jessica were 'potty training'- you could choose btwn the 'crumple' and the 'fold'...

Most Modest, The Absorbantest, the Whitey-tighteys.

What total Hotties!!

(yes, this will be blown up and shown at each of their weddings....)



Thanks to mom for all your help!!

and Thanks a bajillion to Patrick who took care of our kids the whole time and was a major lifesaver to me. Of course, this is nothing unusual...

All in all, it was lots of fun (for me at least....)

Thanks, Aly!!

4 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Oh man! You are seriously the queen of craftiness. Complete talent. Amazing talent. It looks like so much fun AND THE FOOD SOUNDS WONDERFUL! You should hire yourself out for shower party planning fun. The cards! The book! The games! The food! The centerpieces! All incredible works of art! I am totally impressed. I need to have another baby just so you can host my shower. (wink!)

beckstarr said...

Ohh my goodness!!! *palms of hand on my forhead in a questioning look* How did you ever come up with such such such cute things/ideas? I love this, and particularly because I'll be planning Jessie's baby shower in April or so!! Yaya for your good ideas. Can you help me copy you? I'll need some instructions, here. You can't just create a mommy wisdom book without a tutorial or something! Great jOb!!

Alyson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyson said...

Hey Tawna!!
Thank you again for being so amazing and volunteering to throw a shower for me!! It was PERFECT! I mean it! I had so much fun. The decorations were adorable, (thanks for letting me keep those :) !!) the games were so fun, and the food was delicious!!! Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into it - it means so much to me. Most of all, thanks for being an amazing friend. I love being with you because you always make me feel so good! I love you sister!!

The Summerhays Archives