Wednesday, March 4, 2009

P.A.N.I.C.

It's not even 1pm and I feel like I've aged 13 years today.

This morning was 'just one of those days' to the MAX.

-Last night was a hectic night- so the dishes didn't get washed after a dinner of delicious homemade lentil soup. (I insert that to show that Im not allll delinquent..)
-My eye started being weird last night so today Im wearing my glasses.
-From last night-this morning I've gotten super sick, bad headache, sore throat. So, the house didn't get cleaned this morning like it usually (yes, truthfully, usually) does.
-Patrick was running late so the ironing board/iron were still out in the living room (unplugged, of course).
-Christian also has a runny nose.

Okay so: The house is a true mess. The iron/ironing board are out in plain view. Im wearing my glasses (which, because of the thickness of my lenses actually makes it hard to focus on different things quickly), Im super sick, Christian has a runny nose. Oh, and Christian was being a nakie boy (he was wearing a diaper). (When i feel like crud, I don't fight such petty things as clothes).

Have the scene pictured?

So. Christian was playing in the living room and I went into the nursery to change Channing's diaper. Come out- no Christian. Notice the front door is open. Look in all the rooms. No Christian. Run outside yelling his name- no Christian. Start yelling prayers. (reverently as possible). Run back inside to double check the rooms.On my way inside, I ram my forehead against the metal edge of the glass door and give myself a nice, slightly bloody goose-egg. No Christian. Run outside- panicking now- Yelling, yelling his name. Im dizzy from my head-ram,my migraine, and my overall sickness. I can't see very well. Total panic. Call 911. start crying. neighbor comes out and starts looking. Police parked across the street comes over. Im shaking like a leaf. Police takes 'stats'. Comes inside to double check apartment. I grab channing. Bawling now. Another police lady arrives. Total panic. Couldn't have gone far- but no where to be seen.

Then neighbor comes walking across lawn carrying Christian. I nearly collapse. He was inside the apt. laundry room. Never gone in there before. The police-lady notices my goose-egg. Asks about it. Tell her Im fine- I just rammed my head in the rush. Thank neighbor. Start crying hysterically. Go inside. lay on bed with my boys. Crying, crying. Christian's worried. Asks 'you okay, mommy? You okay?'. When I can breathe again, say a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for my boys. Start bawling again. Channing's laughing. Christian worried.

When I've put the boys down for a nap, I look at the 'appearances' of the situation. Disasterous house. Dirty dishes everywhere. Iron out in plain view. Christian just wearing a diaper. Face covered in food and snot. Bloody goose-egg on my head. Realize I look like a completely dilinquent mother. Who doesn't dress her children. And the children live in a pig-sty. With dangerous appliances in reach. With old food out. Who never get bathed. Whose mother has a bloody goose-egg (who knows how that reallly got there..).

Seriously. It was that. bad.

Anybody else have a day like this?

It's like murphy's law: The one day of 45 that you don't shower/dress/clean the house is the one day of 62 that your mother-in-law drops by.

The one day of 2817916592659129862918619 that your 2 year old runs out of the house and totally dissapears and you have the police come in to search your house is the one day of 573 that you are deathly ill, the house is in its WORST STATE EVER, the 2-yr-old in in a diaper, and you have beating on your face.

What are the odds?

PRETTY GOOD, in my case.


Point is: I am incredibly grateful for my boys. Even when they draw on every surface of my apt. imaginable with every artistic tool imaginable, they are my little angels. I am so grateful to have them in my life. To be a part of their lives. To be able to kiss their ouchies, snuggle up with stories, make play-dough eggs with, play wrestle-mania on mommy's bed, feel a first tooth. Im so grateful I get to be their mommy.

i love you, my boys!

10 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

I am so sorry! What a day! I just kept laughing and going. . ."no way!" "oh no!" "oh my heck!!" "I can't believe it!!" What a horrid, horrid experience. I am calling you NOW. AND I have to explain. . . it was that really bad laughing I get when something is disasterous I don't know how to respond. Not because it was funny. I can't believe what a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY!

Michelle said...

Oh my word. Sometimes I miss my mom and want her to come make my house clean and my child presentable and angelic and give me a nap. How 'bout you?

PerryParty3 said...

YikeS! How scary! Especially with that busy street right there. I would have been freaking out! I'm so glad he was found quickly and safe! And don't worry about the house or nakie kids or snotty faces, because ANYONE that has a kid, has been there. No one thinks you are a delinquent mother!!!

Mainly, because you are simply awesome, but also because...
You made Lentil soup?! Holy crap!! (scuse my language) but I haven't had that stuff since I left home! Is it possible to make it delicious? That is seriously impressive. Definitely a feat I can't even dream about accomplishing!

I love you! Hope you are having a better day...or at least are feeling better to cope with a bad day. :)

PerryParty3 said...

P.S. My house is currently a disaster, and I'm not sick.

Feel better?

Alyson said...

Wow Sister! I wish I had chosen yesterday to come visit and watch him! I'm glad he's ok though! We sure love you guys!

Jessica said...

Oh Tawna. So sorry to hear about the lousy day. I had one yesterday, but I'm willing to say that yours was worse. Way worse.

Here's to a better day!

Tiffany said...

Scary! Where was I when this all went down? I'm sorry I wasn't around that I could help! But I am glad that everything is all right. Love you!

Randi said...

Bother... Tawna you poor girl! It sounds like you need a nap and a hug. I can't imagine how you must have felt! I'm so glad everything was ok though! I hope you feel better soon. And don't worry about the messy house, I'm sure the pollice have seen much worse!

mk said...

OhmyGOSH! I can't imagine how scary that must have been!! When I "lose" mine for like 1 second, it feels like everything stops. I'm so glad everything is okay. As far as the rest of the story... wow. Just... wow.

beckstarr said...

holy cow, Tawna! I can't believe this- thats so scary!
I have a few things to say
1 - those blasted doors also cut up our feet, remember! Hazards, that's what they are.
2 - That Laundry room had the scariest spiders in it possible. He was in real danger. I think I counted about 8 or 9 every time I went in there.
3 - I have lost Hannah at the church one morning excercising and it was the scariest time ever - trying to keep a cool head for all 9 minutes or so. It's hard not to panic
4 - You've mentioned in every post in the last 5 or so that you're having migraines. Is that a red flag? You've got me worrying with that whole unexplained ear thing and all.
5 - I'm so sorry that we missed the invite to come last Sunday. We were in St. George. Can we be re-invited. We'll even bring food!
Love you guys! You're an amazing momma, and the police would just have to read your blog to know that!

The Summerhays Archives