Sunday, March 29, 2009

Overheard at our Church

Today during church I started crying.

I would like to say it was because of my extreme spiritualness.... but that would be a lie. (and I think it might be extra-bad to lie about spirituality...)

Christian, as you know, LOVES nursery. L.O.V.E.S.

And during sacrament meeting (our 80ish minute first block) he gets very impatient.

Today was our testimony meeting. (Once a month, the members of the congregation are invited to come up and bear testimony of Christ and the gospel)

After each testimony, Christian called out a big 'AMEN!'. This was cute, but also fairly normal.

During the last speaker, Christian was ready to be done. About 1 minute into what would be about a 5-8min testimony, Christian called out 'AMEN!'

The speaker didn't stop.

'AMEN!' 'AMEN!!'

The speaker kept going.

'HEY! DON'T SAY THAT!! I SAID AAAAMMEN!!!!"

:Bursts of laughter from all around us:

'I SAID AAAMMEENN!!!!'

This exchange continued for the remainder of the talk.

It was Hilarious.

and thus, I cried.





*Right now, Christian is shooting baskets and missed.
"That's Terrible!"

hahaha.

This kid cracks. me. up.

6 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

lol, nice. Reminds me of something his mom might have done at that age. :)

Staigerfamily said...

funny. . . too stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see that kiddo again! Let's see. . . at church yesterday Carson spit the sacrament water all over sister Brigman and Jaron dropped Carson on the floor--bonked his head. . . yep. We had crying. . . but not stinkin' cute crying.

Sarah Hastings said...

Love it!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

you honestly crack me up. this is priceless!!

Michelley said...

Wish I had been there. That is a great story for his mission farewell.

Jenni S. said...

Oh I would have killed to see that! Yet another reason why we miss the 29th ward!

The Summerhays Archives