Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day/Collage

So, my mom got this great idea awhile back to have each of her kids create a collage representing their families. She bought these beautiful matching frames and we were all supposed to make our collages during our awesome family reunion last Thanksgiving. Well, nothing ever goes quite as planned, and the mats from the frames went home with each of us kids. With school and all, I never had the chance to work on ours, but with mom and dad H here for graduation, the timing was perfect. (plus, we wouldnt have to pay postage to mail it out... :P)

My sisters each made terrific ones and after seeing theirs, i wanted to copy them exactly. But ours took on a spin of its own. and i like it!

here's the summerhays stupendous collage.

(p.s. I love the mat. I wanted to keep it. :) )



We are excited to see the others!!

I want to do this in my own house one day... Great idea, mom. And Happy Mothers Day present! :D

6 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

YAY! Good job! It looks awesome and totally tawna-y. Come on boys (aka brothers)...let's get goin'! :)

Staigerfamily said...

I love it! So bright and cheery!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

You're so crafty... I'm so jealous.

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

Hey Tawna! Here is that blog I mentioned to you yesterday. It seriously makes me want to do so many projects. Some things are silly, but there are some really cool ideas if you look through it all. Enjoy!

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/

Kristyn said...

So cute!

And congrats on graduating!

And, the story about the cocoa powder was utterly hilarious!

Just got caught up on your blog, it's always so fun to hear about you guys!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

:) come back! you've left me hanging since may :)

The Summerhays Archives