Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chopping Block

So- I chopped off my hair. My beautiful, wonderful hair. :)

I thought it would be a fun summer 'do. But it ended up NOT AT ALL how I was planning. Aka many many INCHES shorter than desired.

Yes. I cried. Many times.

At least enough got chopped off to donate. So that's happy.

Patrick likes it. But he didnt like that his wife was so distressed about it all.

Anyways. Im over it now. Mostly. :) And it IS a 'fun' haircut. SO, we officially dubbed this the Summer of Fun 2009.

Just before:


After:
(so, i was waiting to post this post until i had a picture I actually liked of myself and my hair- but...I'm too lazy/forgetful to actually take a picture when Im looking decent- and this one is already uploaded...and I realized: It's easier to let go of vanity than to cease being lazy. :) )

...Okay- actually- the front view pic is pretty awful. and not a good rep. of what it actually looks like- so i promise to have P. take a pic tonight on our hot date for a front shot. maybe vanity wins SOMEtimes... BUT- you can see the drastic shortness still;



Maybe while I'm at it, I can finally photograph the long red braids currently being housed in our little white vases.... (yes, it IS a bit creepy...)

p.s. Im really not as distressed as it sounds. And yes it will grow back, and it is a change- and no it is not easier to take care of, nor does it feel lighter or cooler. but it DOES take much less shampoo and esp. conditioner. And I am not as cranky as it sounds. or as negative. :D

4 comments:

Edda Phillips said...

I think it's super cute! Give it a few days, and hopefully you'll feel better about it. :)

Monica said...

Oh my goodness! It is soooo adorable!!! I love the flippiness of it-I think it suits your personality. I agree with Edda; give it some time and hopefully it'll grow on you. And way to go for being so sweet to donate your hair! I've always wanted to do that but I get so sick of my hair that I chop it off way too soon. So, GOOD JOB! :D

PerryParty3 said...

YAY! a post! I love the haircut, but then you, can make anything cute. So jealous. :)

Have fun on the date tonight! And now, let's move on to pics of my nephews already!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

It's WAY cute! You are so brave - I would have just died!! But yours turned out sooo adorable!

The Summerhays Archives