Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big Stuff. (though not quite Baby Big)

So. I've been wanting to do this for sometime and finally just got everything together.

I am opening my own 'shop'!

I'm pretty darn excited about it. I started making hoodie towels about 3 years ago. I made one for my SIL baby shower and some for my boys and a nephew. After numerous comments and compliments, I decided to open a shop and sell my towels. I also plan on selling other misc. crafts that I put together. Another SIL showed me how to make little girl hair bows (thanks, aly!), and I LOVE it! So fun! I just bought a bunch of ribbon and such for that today and want to start making those.

The picture quality on the site is not the greatest. Another SIL (man- these gals are coming in handy!) is going to take more 'professional' shots of my crafts, so hopefully people will get a better idea of how they really look. Personally, I think they all look much cuter in person. :)

The towels are thick, 100% cotton, quality towels. The hairbows are each attached to an alligator clip to be used directly in hair and also to clip on a headband.

I would love and appreciate it IMMENSELY if any of you spread the word and even linked to me on your blogs.

Also, as this project is in its infancy, please feel free to leave suggestions/comments on things you'd like to see, ways I could improve it, sentences of mine that just sound stupid, etc. I could use the help, people!!


Oh. Hello. The Shop: myredhotdesigns.blogspot.com. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts. (even if they aren't the nicest... but not super mean. I dont want any super-mean thoughts, people... :P)

7 comments:

BrittWilk said...

i'm sooo excited you're starting your own shop. that is super exciting! but i'm even more excited about baby #3!!! congrats and i hope you're feeling good! yeah!!

Staigerfamily said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous stuff!! I'll be spreading the word from my bog soon!!

Kyle said...

I'll make sure my wife knows about this, I'm sure one of those towels will suit our boy just great! awesome job on the logo.

BrookeB said...

New Baby! New Store! Wow Summerhays. You graduate and get rid of the crazy schedule, and get another one!! :)

You are seriously a super star! And where did you get those adorable and very classy pictures taken?

We love the Summerhayses!
-Buies

meggo said...

you probably had no idea that i stalk your blog from time to time, but i do :) anyway - not the point. i see you're starting up a shop to sell cute crafty things! blogs are a great way to get started, but may i also suggest www.etsy.com! check it out :)

Cyndie said...

Now you have me all anxious from your post. UMMMM....I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your pics on the side bar--they look great. WHo did them? and in the one where you two are helping your boys stand-your legs look really good! I hope that wasn't awkward. oh well.

Heather said...

I love the towels and bows. So cute! Way to go for making the most of your talent. I will spread the word. And congrats about #3! :)

The Summerhays Archives