Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Listening in to Christian

Christian LOVES Disney's Cars right now.
We make versions of each character out of his legos. (very, very crude versions...)

He will play Cars for HOURS every day.
I love listening to his sweet voice as he brings his toys to life.

Here are a few moments verbatim as I listen to him playing now:

'Thanks for moving me out of the way" "oh, You're welcome".
"Are you okay doc?" "Yes, I am okay."

Christian Coughs
"You okay Christian?" "Yes, I am okay."

"You gotta get out of my way!" "Hey! Don't say 'get out of my way'!" "Okay, I won't say that word."

"We only say Ka-Chow words, Sally."

"Don't Crash me, Chick." "Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"Oh, be careful! Mater is just a little guy. Doc is a big guy."

"Oh! You can't leave your friend! You can't leave your friends. We can't leave Mater and Sally and Doc and King and Chick and those guys. We can't leave them!"

"Thanks guys." "You're welcome."



Hm. We must be doing something right. Or else he must be hanging around nice people or something. I Love, love, LOVE listening to him play. He often adds "(insert name) said" after he says something. Like- "hey stickers! Let's go! Sally said." Must be all those books....

I also love that his pretend play is so sweet and kind. Those familiar with the movie CARS will recall that Chick Hicks is actually, well, a jerk. He's the guy that crashes into everybody and nearly destroys King at the end. When Patrick started to play Cars with the boys he would play Chick Hicks in his real character. I had to inform him that Christian isn't aware that C.H. is actually mean, and that in his play, everybody is nice to everybody. :)

I am loving this age.

And this boy. :)

5 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

This seriously so cute. I love it!! What a sweet little boy!

Cyndie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Your blog makes me excited to have kids...I mean more and such...

Love the quotes and I love that picture of Channing in the other post where he's roaring? at the camera.

Right now I'm just trying to get Jackson to coo but I've noticed I'm kinda quiet when I'm home with him...I have to work on that. One day he'll be jabbering away.

PerryParty3 said...

I think we need some more Christian at our house. :)

Mickey Mouse: Would you like to come into my playhouse?

Christian: Yes I do, Mickey!


AHH! Such a cutie! can't wait to see how his lil' sister turns out!

Sassy Savvy said...

I love pretend play! Whoever says human beings are inherently evil has never played with a small child :)

Lauren said...

That is soooooo adorable!! I can';t wait for my daughter to be at that age (and hopefully she says such nice things, too!)

The Summerhays Archives