Monday, November 23, 2009

Patrickness

okay- i know some of you are males, some of you are married, and some of you are our relatives, but seriously people- I think we can all admit-
This is ONE GOOD LOOKING DUDE.

Patrick is pretty dang awesome. He is totally loved here in Gunnison/Centerfield/our house.

A few of his recent 'accomplishments':
-the last few weeks he has been really involved in the high school musical: Footloose. He conducted the live band and also soloed a lot on the sax. He was AWESOME. seriously. this man can PLAY. Afterwards, several of the band members (adults from the community) came to me and told me how much they enjoyed working with him, that he 'really knows his stuff', how they realllly hope he sticks around awhile, etc.

-A sister in our church congregation dropped by a few weeks ago to ask Patrick to sing a solo in our church meeting. She said she had heard several people comment on what a fantastic voice he has. He sang 'Abide with Me Tis Eventide' and was awesome. During Relief Society (the portion of our church meeting when just the adult women meet together) I had no less than 15 sisters tell me what an amazing voice Patrick has and how wonderful he did. I could only agree. :)
I even had one elderly sister pull me down to where she was sitting and say with a sigh, "I can see why you fell in love with him!"

Yes, now all the women in our congregation are in love with my husband.

-Patrick had a birthday on the 6th. We went to Wingers (a 35 min drive both ways) to celebrate. The boys were thrilled to go for a 'so special dinner'.

nevermind the extra-big hair...


enjoying the birthday asphalt pie


This Sunday we each spoke in church. His talk on Self Mastery was absolutely incredible. Even his in-laws were totally impressed. ;)

A few more reasons this man is awesome:
-constantly has to listen to all my home-decor ideas/plans/dreams. And rarely complains about it.

-he's so excited to have a baby girl

-he's both Channing and Christian's best friend. Seriously. Those boys ADORE him

-he NEVER complains when i have failed to even get dressed for the day...and its 5:30 pm.

-Even though I feel like the size of an elephant right now, he calls me a Mouse.

-He didn't even hesitate about missing a guaranteed delicious thanksgiving dinner at his parents house in exchange for hosting my parents who are in town visiting at our house...and a potentially disasterously tasting dinner cooked by me.

Yeah. I think that last one sums it up pretty good. :)

I love you, babes.

5 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Yep. He's pretty much awesome! Which is a good thing . . . considering . . .
THE INCREDIBLE WIFE HE HAS!!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

WOW! Look at your cute family - yay! Man, you're little ones are sure growing up!

Lauren said...

So very jealous you got to go to Wingers! I just can't eat wings anywhere else after tasting theirs. Alas, no wingers in AZ.

beckstarr said...

Baah! Tawna, you always make me laugh (hair comment). You are so good to your man, and he look so successful directing like that! Nice work! I'm so proud of what he's doing, and you guys made it through school!! I'm so happy for you guys not giving up on that plan! Your boys are so handsome and sweet. Christian always has been. That's why he still needs to marry Hannah. She has a lot of that in her too. They'd be good together. I just love you lady!

mk said...

I love this :)

The Summerhays Archives