Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stuffs

This is a semi-random post in which i attempt to get semi-updated.

Just before Thanksgiving Day, we set up our tree. The boys love it and inevitably, when the tree lights get plugged in, Channing says "ohhhhhhh". Very cute. Its the perfect place to read bedtime stories. :)


We had my parents and lil bro over for our first-ever-hosted-by-us Turkey Dinner. It was actually fun and I am no longer deathly intimidated by cooking lots of good food for Thanksgiving. (Prior to this I always told Patrick that I'm Sorry, but Im just not going to slave away in the kitchen all day long while the men sit around gabbing sports. I would prefer to just buy the stuff premade and call it a day. I think this caused P to question our marriage... ) But no more! While I am still about embracing this glorious day of modern technology (and preservatives) in the form of boxed stuffing and canned cranberry sauce, Im okay with baking rolls, making pies, mashed potatoes, jello, and other good trimmings. :) And, I didn't even destroy the turkey.
I love the Leaning Men picture. :)

Dad spent the morning hanging up curtain rods for us. Good, good man. Its amazing how wonderful a bit of privacy is!

Dad and Channing practicing their Tuba Lips.
Chan enjoying his Chocolate Mousse Pie

The day after Thanksgiving, Santa comes to Gunnison. Our boys (well, Christian) were super excited to go see santa. The whole set up was neat. While waiting in line, you were given a ginormous cookie. There were painted mailboxes in which you could put your letter to santa. And Santa actually took his time with each kid. After you were done with santa you got to choose a fruit, a chocolate, and a candy cane.
Yes. It was awesome.
Christian very politely asked for some Lightning McQueen Slippers, Please.
And Channing enjoyed his cookie. :)


And to wrap up this jumbled post...
What happens when a jar of jam is left on the counter along with a loaf of bread:

4 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

k, Channing just steals my heart with that face! What a cutie! Thanksgiving looked so nice, and I'm so glad you had family there! I think you forgot a picture though....the one with curtains on the curtain rod? :)

PerryParty3 said...

k, Channing just steals my heart with that face! What a cutie! Thanksgiving looked so nice, and I'm so glad you had family there! I think you forgot a picture though....the one with curtains on the curtain rod? :)

Fab Five said...

Awww cute! Way to go on the Thansgiving dinner!

Erin said...

Oh, but Tawna, real cranberry sauce is soooo easy and soooo much tastier - so I challenge you to give it a try next year! The best part - you can make it several days ahead. Good job on the big dinner!

Your kids are super cute. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

The Summerhays Archives