Saturday, January 16, 2010

SHE'S HERE!!!

Anna Marie Summerhays


Born: January 14, 2010, 8:14 pm
Height: 19.5"
Weight: 7 lbs. 6 oz.

Well, it has been an eventful week for us as you can see. Tawna began having contractions in the middle of the night on Wednesday. They were not frequent or regular, but they were strong enough to keep her awake. At about 4 o'clock am, she decided enough was enough, it was time to pack the bags. Meanwhile, I rolled over and tried to get some more sleep so I would be fresh for the 2 minute drive to the hospital. :) By 6 am, the contractions came to a halt and only 2 or 3 more came during the day.

At 3 pm the engine revved back up and contractions were coming harder and faster, but not too bad yet. I was on the way home and stopped off at the market to hit up the breakfast sale. Thanks to my notoriously poor cell phone reception, Tawna became very nervous when things were progressing and she couldn't contact me at the store. She called the store to have them page me so I could hurry home, but I was already gone by the time the message came. We packed the car as soon as I got home and dropped the kids off with our friends in the ward the Hatch family (THANK YOU AGAIN Jake and Becky!).


We got to the hospital minutes later and everything was a go. There was no turning back. Tawna's doctor is the one who administered the epidural, and it was a slow process due to his care and thoroughness. He made sure to talk Tawna and I through the whole process, much to the annoyance of Tawna: "Will you just do it already!"

After she was hooked up, she was in better spirits and made sure to bear her testimony about Heavenly Father's hand in the developments of science and modern medicine. She progressed to the pushing stages without further incident and then it was on! It was time to push for Tawna, and for me it was time to count--yes! I am quite proficient in counting and was anxious to play my role well. After some great pushes and some superb counting, Anna came. She was born posterior, but it didn't slow labor much. I cut the cord and then the photo shoot was began. Without further ado:












26 comments:

mk said...

Congratulations, Tawna! I'm so happy for you guys!

M said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PerryParty3 said...

FINALLY! I've been checking every hour since I heard the news! She is SO stinkin cute! She looks like her brothers, but in a feminine way. I can't wait to see what that dark hair does! AHH!
more pictures
MORE PIcTURES!!!!

Congratulations!

PerryParty3 said...

oh, and I LOVE the name!!!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Congrats!! She is absolutely beautiful! Man, you guys are good at making perfectly cute children.

Amy said...

Whew! Look at that hair. What a cutie pie, Summerhayses! Congratulations!

Cyndie said...

Ahhhh congratulations!!!!!!!!!! She is cute. I'm so happy for you and she's a day early! Hooray!! I cantwait to meet her :)

Kathryn Cooper said...

It's fun to hear the labor story from the husband's view. Congratulations! She's beautiful!

The_Mon said...

Too sweet. :0)

Fab Five said...

Way to go!! She looks like a Summerhays! She'll fit in perfectly!

Evan Hadfield said...

Way to go!!!! Mann, you guys, she's adorable! Good work.
Can't wait to see the real deal Monday!!! =]

Debra S. Hadfield said...

I didn't realize how easy it is to bond with a baby via internet. Thanks, Patrick, for a great blog post, and the pictures are incredible. Hug that baby and Tawna for me.
Love,
Grandma Hadfield

Regan and Jess George said...

She's adorable, Tawna! Congrats!!!

The Browning Bunch said...

So cute!!! Congrats!

Shanna Selin said...

Yay! She's adorable! She'll make a great wife for my baby! I'll have to show him the pictures when he wakes up so he knows what he has to look forward to.

BrittWilk said...

you have THREE kids! i'm so thrilled for you and so glad everything went so well! she's adorable - definitely a resemblance to parts 1 and 2 but with a clear femininity they neither one had at ALL!! love her!!

Dad Hadfield said...

Patrick and Tawna,
Congratulations!!! I am sorry that I did not comment sooner. I did see the pictures earlier on Mom's computer but this is the first that I have looked at them on my computer so that I could leave a comment.

Anna Marie is so cute. We are thrilled that she has joined our family and that she appears to be healthy and well.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We really look forward to when we can see and hold her in person.

Love,

Dad Hadfield

Michelle said...

Congratulations! She's a good mix of both of you. What a beautiful girl!

Susan said...

So beautiful! Congrats!!!!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting. She looks like the boys!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

congrats! you are amazing!

Sarah Hastings said...

Congrats, we are so excited for you!!

Jessica said...

Just way too cute. Seriously! You and Patrick need to stop making such cute kids. ;) I can't believe how much she looks like you guys. I love it! A BIG Congrats! Love ya, Tawna! Enjoy that precious stage of baby-hood. It is soooo fun!

Camille said...

WOW!! Who would have ever thought...

Mommason Hillary said...

Mandy Merriman's Mom here - oh - she's a beauty! We are all so excited for you - loved the testimony part - I believe I was screaming and cursing when Mandy was born - she was a natural birth - not by choice - it was either in the elevator or jumping to the gurney. Promise to never tell her we dropped her on her head... JK - congrats!

kyle and ila johnson said...

she is beautiful!

The Summerhays Archives