Thursday, January 14, 2010

Are we Ready?

Going through some pictures this morning caused me to pause and ask myself: Are we ready to bring another sweet little baby home to....







This?



And this?



And This?



And this?

(note- these are only a SMALL sampling...)





And then I answered myself:

Yes.

Because I love moments like


This:
And This:
And This:

And This:

And This:




Baby Sister- Your brothers are SO excited to meet you and have you come play with them! Christian tells me daily the things he's going to teach you (namely, "how to watch Lightening McQueen on the TV" ...lovely...)

Life is going to change drastically in the next few days. Things will be a handful. Our house will probably be destroyed during nursing sessions. P and I will be outnumbered. We can no longer simply Divide and Conquer. Heaven only knows how we will survive Sacrament meetings. Our car will be packed. We'll have 2 in diapers again. It will take close to forever to get ready to actually go anywhere. People will probably be more hesitant to invite us (along with 3 kids) to do stuff. Sleep will be limited. Life will be more expensive. We've been 'warned' by loads of people that this will be rough.

And you know what? Im Thrilled. I kept meaning to post about this, but never did- This pregnancy has had quite a few scares. Critically low amniotic fluid, measuring super small, low heart rates, minimal fetal movement, etc. I received a blessing a while back and things have improved. A few days ago, after a tearful plea to my Heavenly Father, I finally felt at peace. I was blessed with a deep love for this little girl- and peace that everything will be alright.

We are so happy to have the opportunity to bring another babe into our home, chaotic as it may be. I love watching my boys play together. I love hearing their giggles turn into hysterical laughter behind closed doors. I love the hugs they give one another (and to me and daddy). I love the way they are each so eager and excited for the other one to wake up from a nap. I love our Kiss Sandwiches. I love the way Christian sticks up for Channing if ever anyone picks on him. I love their water messes during Bubble Baths. I love the way Christian can get Channing to say almost anything, and the way he calls him ChanMan.

I love they way they are excited about mommy's projects for Baby Sister. And how they have waited so patiently for her to grow Bigger and Bigger in mommy's tummy so that she could come play.

We know life will change. We know times will be hard.

And we couldn't feel more blessed.

9 comments:

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

I am so excited so to this cute little girl! I am glad to hear everything is working out. Your boys ARE just to cute, though they do manage to get into some trouble. :)

Katja said...

Oh my goodness, those are great messes, but when we look back at them we love it and laugh about it. You will be great. It is hard to have a new baby, but it is so worth all the work and sleepless nights. I am excited for this little girl to come and I hope everything will go great the next days.

kristen said...

good luck you two! you are amazing tawna, and i can't wait to see a little mini tawna soon! don't worry... i think my house looks like that every day. "normal chaos" right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Our baby girl is also due any day now, and I'm feeling very excited but slightly anxious...I can't imagine having three! You're amazing!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Beautifully said. I normally don't have time to read everyone's blog posts and comment, but I'm glad I read yours. It brought me joy. My 2 boys are the same way. They can be little terrors, but then they are so sweet. I'm excited to see your little girl. Good luck with the next few weeks!

PerryParty3 said...

You are such a cute mommy! Those boys and new little princess are so lucky to have you! CONGRATS!!!!

Lauren said...

So excited to be a part of your journey!!

Sassy Savvy said...

Oh man, let's just say I am SCARED for whenever #3 comes along. BUT I know that you are going to do so well because you are just an amazing person. Thank you for always sharing such an optimistic outlook on life.

Lynzy and Keith said...

I'm reading this and crying!! This makes me excited to have a family. I hope everything goes well with the new baby

The Summerhays Archives