Thursday, September 30, 2010

4th Bi-Annual (but-sometimes-we-get-off-schedule-and-its-annual+semiannual) Hadfield Family Reunion

(yes, that is how they slept every night)


This year we had our Hadfield Family Reunion at Zion's Nat'l Park.

It was pretty awesome.

Highlights/Lowlights:
-Flash Flood/thunderstorm
-Mudpit in the middle of our campsite
-sweating so much you can't sleep
-our ridiculously-small-tent-not-meant-for-2-adults-and-3-kids-even-if-it's-called-a-3-4-man-tent
-being able to see the stars perfectly under the netting of our tiny tent
-FINALLY getting some rest/coolness on a blissful tram ride
-escaping for an hour+drive around the canyon in my dream mini-van w/ 4 zonked out little boys. (no, I wasn't driving. I came along for the AC.)
-incredible sacrament meeting with my amazing, amazing family. And a wonderful testimony meeting. and loving my family with my whole guts.
-thoroughly rockin' Variety Show. And my brother(mildly shocking us all) in a hulu- skirt- wig and skirt. (no coconuts, though. Maybe next time?)
-hearing my niece belt it out at said talent show
-doing skits with my nephews/niece.
-Giant Family Birthday Party
-Amaaaazing food. Seriously. Yum.

-Coming in full agreement that next reunion needs to be AC'd? Priceless. :)


Grandkids #s 11 & 14. (anna is 18)






Hello, GQ




Thanks, fam. Glad we're in this thing forever. :)

6 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

Wow! Where did these pics come from? They're awesome!

I love that last look of Channings. PERFECT for your skit. "Look at your man, then back at me."


by the way...I still REALLY want the script to that skit

Grandma Kerrie said...

Love the pictures, wish I had them on my wall!!

Staigerfamily said...

So glad you posted this! Ahhhh . . .the memories . . . seriously agree with Tia . . . look at your man, then back at me :)

PLEASE Publish your skit? PLEASE re-inact it at some campground with crazy, sleepless, hot (and I mean SWEATY, no shower, stinky HOT) people watching and VIDEOTAP IT! It was a CLASSIC. Seriously, a CLASSIC!

Kristyn said...

hey girl! family reunions really are the best! how fun!

and the post below? you and i are cut from the same cloth. i have had similar scenes with my boys. embarassing, but true. and i swore up and down i'd never be like "that" kind of a mother! ha ha!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Summerhays Archives