Monday, October 18, 2010

Where we've been

Running. Lasers. Blast off.

Singing. Scripture memorizing. Speaking into the Microwavephone.

Sweetest Sunbeam I know.

Best big brother. Snuggling with Anna.

Lightning McQueen. Sally. Doc.

Ironing Man.

Mr. Concredible Hulk Glubs.

Wanting a Dunk Tank for birthday.

Soccer Star. Football Player. BYU blue through and through.

Picnics in the living room.

Alphabet airplane.

"Who's coming for dinner?" "Who can I eat dinner with?"
Social Man.

Tents on the bunk bed.

Lightning McQueen Boots.

Yellow Car Pottery Barn Designer.

Buzz Lightyear, HeMan, Sword in shirt.

To the Rescue!
-------

Wake up. Crying. Trembling. Pupils dialated.

Help me, help me! I'm Falling!

Left side paralysis.

Loss of balance.

2 days fine.

Trouble again.

Head to Primary Children's Hospital.

Seizures of some sort.

CT scan good.
Sigh of relief.

EEG- abnormal.

Medications not working.

Increase dosage.

No improvement.

Increase in frequency. 12+ in one day?

No sleep.

Afraid to fall.

Playing with cousins, Soccer field. Race between Ironing Man and Buzz.
Face on the ground. Body tremors.

Cousin asks "Does your brain hurt?"
"I don't think so."


At the zoo with Papa and Grandma.

Need to Potty.

Seizure.

Get to bathroom.

Doesn't go.

Head back.

I hear him whine that he needs to potty. I'm frustrated. Kneel down to talk to him.

"It's bumpy, mama. My walk is bumpy."

Can't walk well as a result of seizure.

Heart breaks.

2 weeks.

Prayers.

Pleading.

Feeling Weak. Trying to be strong.
It's a front.

Sleepover in Mommy and Daddy's bed.

4 seizures.

5 seizures this morning.

Waiting for the doctor's call.
MRI result.

Waiting.

Playing with sister. Playing with brother.

My angel boy.

My Christmas Gift.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. How crazy! I'll be praying for you!

Judy said...

My heart aches for you during this time! Praying for strength and peace for all of you!

Amy said...

This makes me sad and concerned and grateful all at the same time. You are all in our prayers. We love the Summerhayses!

Staigerfamily said...

I can't stop the tears streaming down my face as I read this. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with your family and this incredibly sweet little boy who has touched us all. You have such a special son. We love you guys!! My kids miss running around crazy with him and the chan-man

Susan said...

Thinking of you guys! Hope all is okay.

Jake & Bec said...

Ohhh, my heart has been hurting for you, and now it's breaking. You guys are in our prayers constantly. Even Jed has been praying for his buddy. Your little HeMan/Buzz Lightyear is one tough fighter.

stacey said...

I hope things will be looking up for you soon - that you can have answers and know what steps to take next. I'll keep your family and especially Christian in my prayers. Love & hugs.

Jessica said...

Oh no! I am so upset to hear this. I hope that in time things will be figured out. As I'm sure many have indicated, the DaBells will be praying for your family: that you will have strength, that the doctors can figure out how to help Christian. That has got to be completely terrifying. The Lord is aware of you guys. I know that. Have faith and be strong. :)

Cyndie said...

Love you- I'll call you tomorrow, promise.

Kristyn said...

Oh my gosh. You poor things. Keep us updated. I hope things get better...very, very soon.

Ashlea said...

Oh no, this is horrible and I am soo sorry to hear you are having to go through it! I am praying along with the rest of my family for you and your family!

Tiffany said...

You are a very strong woman. We will certainly keep you all in our prayers, too.

beckstarr said...

I'm so worried, Tawna. What is going on? When the hour is decent, I'll be calling. love you guys.

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

Tami told me that he had not been doing well. Just wanted to send you a message letting you know your family is in our prayers.

The Summerhays Archives