Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This morning..

So, we are all anxiously waiting the arrival of our newest buddy. But he really needs to come quickly before daddy joins the ranks of sickies in the house. All 3 kids have had runny noses and coughs the last several days and I have finally joined in the fun. It's awesome. (blah.) But seriously- is it pathetic that I am totally looking forward to the 24-48 hours of no cleaning/cooking/trying to get things ready just lying in a hospital bed? *sighhhhhh* sounds so relaxing right now. :)


Anyways. This morning, as usual, Christian was the first of the kids awake. I had a bad headache and wasn't super eager to jump out of bed. Little Miss woke up and was banging on her door (she can't open doors yet)- so I sent Christian to go let her out. Anna currently loves carrying around loads of treasures. This morning, she came to my bedside with her blankie, her brothers' Cars 2 book, her stuffed piglet, her doll, and a little bear snuggle toy. She and Christian came to say hi and give me loves and then went off to play. But first, Anna gave her brother each treasure one by one to have him carry them for her. Ever the obliging big brother, Christian indulged her saying "oh boy, Miss! How am I going to carry all this??" and then Anna happily toddled out of the room with her bus boy following close behind her. :)

Moments later I hear Christian tell her- "oh no, sweetie. We can't go downstairs, Channing is still sleeping."

"Oh Hey there, buddy Channing!! Good morning! Did you have a great sleep??"

Moments later Chan comes running into my room, climbs up on my bed and tells me "Gooood morning, mommy! I slept for 62 minutes!"


sigh. These kids. This is why I go through the madness of motherhood. This is why I exist.


8 comments:

Fab Five said...

That's so sweet! And they obviously learned it for awesome parents! P.S. I didn't know you were pregnant! Where have I been? Good luck!!!

Staigerfamily said...

So precious! I love it! And no . . .you are not crazy . . . I was eagerly anticipating my couple of days of no responsibilities at the hospital as well. I think it's a sign both of us need a REAL vacation. No kids. No worries. :)

PerryParty3 said...

oh no! you're sick too?! That won't be fun..Labor labor. cough cough....labor cough. Course, maybe in a cough the baby will shoot right on out!

Christian is such a sweet brother! I love it when babies wake up happy, no matter what age!

Jake & Bec said...

Christian has got the big brother role down. And Anna has him wrapped around her little finger. And Chan just makes me laugh.

And...

No baby yet. Seriously. Ok, hoping everyone gets healthy really soon and hoping he comes really soon so you can recover and THEN we can finally get our two little autumn arrivals together, and we can finally catch up. It's been WAY TOO LONG. Good luck. We are all thinking of you and missing play dates with you and your kids.

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Seriously, so SWEET! I love those simple, but oh so special moments. And congratulations on number 4!! Good luck!

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

It's so true! I love it when you post what your little guys say - it's so adorable! Congrats on your little one on the way! That's pretty rad!

Cyndie said...

Can't wait to see the newest one...when he gets here. I hate the very last part of pregnancy cuz you just want to hold your baby already BAH! I love that Anna is carrying around tons of treasures. Jack is doing that too and it's so funny to watch him try and hold it all. Miss you-wish we could get together. Soon enough though :)

Patrick said...

I would just like to say two things:

1. Tawna is the best
2. No baby yet, and yes I did get sick. :(

The Summerhays Archives