Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cravings

So, I've never had major cravings during either pregnancy. Usually it would be like this: "man! I really want some (fill in the blank)" but we of course never had (fill in the blank), so i'd just go about my lovely way and forget about it.

Well, a few weeks ago, I experienced true addiction. Sweets. Particularly Chocolate. It was bad. I would try eating something else, focusing on an activity, anything and everything. Nothing worked. This is why I downed 3 full bags of chocolate chips. In a pathetically short amount of time. doh.

Anyways- I was at BYU and I had a dollar. I dont know why I had a dollar, but I did. I spent about 15 minutes trying to decide what delicious thing I would buy with my dollar. Well, really the debate was whether or not I could manage to spend a whole dollar on something delicious for just myself and not spend the rest of the week in guilt.

While I was thus contemplating, some friends from the ward stole christian and had to yell at me to alert me to their presence. (I was deep in thought annnd they were yelling at my deaf ear.) Anyways, I informed them of my need for sweets, and they lovingly sympathized.

A few days later, at about 11 pm, we hear a very tentative knock. It was Laura with a big bag full of amazing chocolaty goodness! WHAT A WOMAN!!!!!!

Thanks, laura. You saved me. :D

3 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

Can I have their phone number so I can send them my way? YUM! I could use some chocolate goodeness...I recently discoverd the "smooth" taste of Dove chocolate. HOLY YUM!

Staigerfamily said...

AWESOME!! That is fantastic. Chocolate. . .hum. . my pregnant belly is telling me to go check the pantry. .

Emily B. said...

That's so nice! I love when people are thoughtful like that. Makes me feel like a rotten person! :)

The Summerhays Archives