Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fort Summerhays

Friday, April 11, we wanted to do something fun and different. Seeing how we're in the negative budget and we needed creativity, the best choice was to build a sweet fort! By 'we' I mean 'Patrick'. Apparently fort building is pretty serious stuff best left to men. So I watched. :) Also, such an event could only take place after Christian was asleep. Haha--I love it!

We also made s'mores! Have I ever expressed my extreme love of s'mores?? I don't think I have. Let me tell you, I have a fetish for s'mores--oh man. You gotta have at LEAST 4-5 s'mores at a time to do any good. Ah, s'mores.




We ate the s'mores while we read from our book The Sword of Shannara, Patrick's choice, under our sweet fort. Man! It was good times.


Christian loved the fort when he woke up on Saturday. :)

3 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

Man! so much fun! Smore's are dang good...but my weakness is for chocolate covered pretzels. OHHHHH baby! I also love your new blog look. It goes perfect with your stunning family photo. :)

Staigerfamily said...

cute date idea! I too love s'mores, but can only eat like 1.5 before they make me feel sick. Poor little Jaron--last time we made them, we eagerly ate 2 of pure goodness and ended up so sick to his stomach he threw up! I guess we need more exposure. . .

Staigerfamily said...

I second Tia's new blog look and stunning photo comment--it looks fantastic!

The Summerhays Archives