Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Block Party

Man. Gotta love BYU.

Tuesday, the last day of class, BYU had a Spring Block party (or something along those lines). We all went b/c who can pass up free food?? Not us!

It was pretty fun, though I couldn't do some of the activities due to my life-protecting belly. They had awesome pulled pork sandwiches, free ice-cream, COTTON CANDY (woot woot!), lots of tootsie roll candies, and other delights. In the garden court were several inflatable toys/games. One was a giant obstacle course which I LOVE, but there were several parts you have to throw yourself over and I didn't think Muffin would appreciate that much. They also had one of those sweet fight arenas where you stand on a post and whack each other off with the giant padded stick things. Again, didn't think it would be very good for 8month preggo me. But! They DID have an inflated twister game, which was being dominated by babies. We took Christian over there and he and patrick had fun bouncing around.

They had these cool carnival games, 2 in particular i would like to mention.
1) you throw a football through a hole- Patrick got very close, but IIIII got it through. Yesss. The football player behind us teased Patrick a little after that. hehe.

2) A basketball game. We shot first to 3. I won. Same guy behind us. hahaha.

3) A dart/ballon game. I got a balloon. Luckily we were done when said player came over. :)

BUT. Patrick dominated at ping pong.
ANNND. He taught me everything I know. (sportwise.)
ANNNNND. If these games had been anything like the real sport, he would have totally dominated me.

BUT. I WON. yessss. :)

It was a good night. :)

4 comments:

kristen said...

thanks tawna! you know you have mad decorating skills yourself! i miss talking "decor" with you. it's just fabric on foam board. i actually just used double-stick tape on the backs {wrapped like a present} and then put hooks on them to nail them up. sooo easy!! and i would show you the whole room- but that's really the only cute part so far! :)

Sarah said...

OH my heck you have busted out alot of posts in the past few days!! I am glad to see that y'all are doing so well, it looks like your party was tons of fun, I totally believe you dominated the games, thats the type of girls we are...tough! I couldn't agree more about s'mores, I eat atleast 3, usually 4 or 5 at a time I just can't get enough! So I am so excited and a bit jealous about your baby that is almost here, I can't believe you are 8 months already! I hope you are feeling great and keep up the posts!

Staigerfamily said...

Way to go! I wish the football player could have seen you rock at the last event as well!! Way to go!

PerryParty3 said...

Wow! blog-a-rama!! LOVE IT! Way to beat em! Keeps them in their place. :)

The Summerhays Archives