Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Patrick's Post: The Date

Sorry to leave y'all hangin' after my intense vow to take my wife out on a date. It was more difficult to make happen than I had forseen. Nevertheless, the date finally took place--and there was much rejoicing! Tawna was anxious for a break from our angelic tornado of a son and I was excited to be with my woman with no distractions. This was our destination:


The Art City Trolley Restaurant in Springville! It was a fun place with a cozy atmosphere. Being the newbs that we were, we walked up those front steps to enter when the entrance is in the back.

We picked a bummer of a night to go: they were out of a ton of stuff! I couldn't get the cod fish and chips that I wanted and had to settle on the salmon. It turns out the manager had been out of town for a couple of weeks and the incompetent head chef was left in charge to do the ordering. Needless to say, she under-ordered almost everything on the menu. Don't get me wrong, the chef is great at what she does best--cheffing! But as for the managing thing--not so much.

After our ful-FILLing meal, we headed over to the mall for some people watching--bingo style! Have you ever played People Bingo? It was great fun even though neither of us successfully completed a bingo. We were both one away and our time was growing short. Plus, we succumbed to the consumerism of the mall and spent some time shopping (some of it was practical, some not). No regrets with the shopping part, I just bet I could have found at least one person picking their nose for my bingo if we had looked a little bit longer! Other spaces on our Bingo cards contained things like a mullet, a nose ring, whiny kids, a double stroller, a kissing couple, and a biker dude. Give people Bingo a try when you are short on the cash (just don't do it at the mall if you have little willpower).

4 comments:

Michelley said...

What a fun idea - we'll have to try that out sometime!

So, hey - bring Christian back over!! I feel bad I ditched out on you last week. We want him back!!!

PerryParty3 said...

haha...people bingo...nice. :) That restraunt sounds really fun! Glad you guys finally got a night away!

Staigerfamily said...

People bingo?!? Great idea. Do you have a copy of the bingo cards you could send me? We took the kids to the mall last Saturday in our attempt to get out (not quite such a romantic feat with three kids in tow--but fun non-the-less) and we sat there while the kids where eating commenting on the wierdo's around us. . . a bingo game minus the kids--that would be fun. . .

Staigerfamily said...

By the way--Patrick, I am impressed by not only your sweet husband skills (get the babysitter, plan the date, even do some shopping. . .wow), but also by the fact you actually post! Impressive! You, Vard and Nate (oops, I mean cannon) are the only guys that I know that do!

The Summerhays Archives