Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Birthday! Birthday!

Today is a wonderful day full of reasons to celebrate!

Today is Channing's 2-week birthday. WOOOOOOT! Happy 2 week birthday to youuuu, happy 2 week birthday to youuuu!

I cant believe its only and already been 2 weeks. On the one hand, MY BABY IS GROWING UP!! I cried about this every day for the first week (lovely hormones), but now I seem to be okay with this. Maybe it's mostly because I'm excited for the two kiddos to wear matching outfits.

On the other hand, I feel like this sweet boy has been a part of our family for much, much longer than 2 weeks. It just seems so natural and so right to have him here in our family. I had quite a bit of apprehension in my ability to love another child as intensely as I love Christian, but no longer. I now know the meaning of the saying that you don't have a limited amount of love, but that your heart and the love it contains just continues to expand.

Christian is our Angel Boy. There have been a couple of instances now where we have truly witnessed the hand of the Lord in protecting him. He has some special mission here on earth I am certain. His obsession with balls is greater than ever and he seems to have found his mischievous streak now he has a little brother to teach. He has a very large vocabulary--of first syllables.

We love our boys so ridiculously much!

We went to a WIC appointment today where both boys got weighed and measured.
Christian: 24lbs 13 oz, 33.5 in? (this one we don't remember exactly)
He's in the 75th for height and now almost 50th percentile for weight. Woot! :)

Channing: TEN RIDICULOUS POUNDS. TEN. The boy is 2 weeks old. He has gained 1lb 5 oz in 2 weeks. He is 1lb 5 oz over what they 'like to see' by two weeks. Babies need to gain back to their birth weight by 2 weeks. This kid was at 9lbs by 4 days. I tell you people, he EATS.
-21.75ish in. (bah! I cant remember!)
He hits between 75th and 90th for weight and head is in the 50th. (compared to big brother's 10th percentile head at that age...)

Okay, this post is CLEARLY more for our records than for any reader's personal enjoyment. :) Too bad I didn't mention that before you started reading all this! :P

Now for some Ridiculously cute pictures documenting the day. (Apparently 'ridiculous' is the word of the day)
-There are a LOT of pictures--given their cuteness, who can blame us?
We have fun in our house. (the loveliness of my hair is due to our playing hide-mama's-head-under-the-blanket-then-yank-off-said-blanket earlier.)









What Handsome Guys!! What a lucky woman I am. :)

5 comments:

Sarah Hastings said...

Too cute! The boys are adorabe, way to grow 'em!

Fab Five said...

I love reading your blogs! They always make me laugh! You have some pretty dang cute boys, congrats!!!

PerryParty3 said...

Oh my gosh! They are too cute! I love the tender kissing picture. I tried to find them matching outfits, but I couldn't find the same outfit with the right sizes. Very frustrating. We'll have to go shopping...together...in 3 1/2 weeks. AHHHHH!!! I can't wait to see those boys!

Staigerfamily said...

love, love, LOVE the matching pj's. ADORABLE!

Staigerfamily said...

Cutest pictures EVER!

The Summerhays Archives