Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's 5:07 am. Do you know where your kid is?

Why yes.

He's sitting at the kitchen table eating the Big Box Cheerios from the Hall.

Because he's been awake for 10 minutes asking (very cheerfully and awake-ly) to eat. Because he's Hungry. And wants some breakfast. And a Drink. In a Cup. And some cheerios. Big Box Cheerios. From the hall. (we have a costco-box of cheerios we keep in our hall cupboard).


And the little brother is awake, too. and smiley as can be. He, however, just gets another bottle and stuck back in his crib. Because mommy has a migraine. And daddy's getting ready to go teach. and somehow managed to wake everybody else up in the process.

So finally big brother gets put back in mommy's bed. And little brother joins us. And we sleep. but little brother wakes up, and is crawling all over the place. And despite the drugs taken earlier, mommy still has a migraine. So little brother gets another bottle, put back in his crib, along with lots of toys.

And mommy oversleeps. And misses her class.

But the migraine is mostly gone.

And the brothers are ridiculously sweet.

and it's 9:33 am. And I know where my kids are.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I didn't wake anybody up this morning. I did what I do every other morning. No one ever wakes up then, so it logically cannot be pinned on me. It was just an irregular occurrence.

Staigerfamily said...

Patricks comment cracked me up. You guys are so funny. I totally feel for you with the headache. . .Moms are not allowed to get sick. . . or be miserable. .

Sarah Hastings said...

It's ok for mom's to miss class once in a while, especially when kids have been up since the crack of dawn! Oh, and I LOVE the chair!

The Summerhays Archives