Monday, January 11, 2010

Ramblings/thoughts

Random, No-pictures-included-post-of-a-few-thoughts-i-want-to-remember:


Saturday P and I went out on a hot date. He took me to a fantastic(!) chinese restaurant in Richfield (the biggest city nearby) and then we went bowling.

Faithful readers may recall that the last time i went bowling I did AWESOME. as in...22 points AWESOME. (blah).

I am pleased to announce that while not a shining score, i bowled a 94 the first game. And felt like i was pulling my tooshie muscles by the 7th roll...

I think Baby Sister was trying to make up for the last game before she makes her big debut.

Then we went to walmart and got some CURTAIN RODS!!! Yes, I am totally thrilled. (It doesn't take much to make this girl happy. :) )


-Today Christian and I started Special Christian School. He knows all his letters and their sounds (the Uppercase ones) and almost has all the lowercase ones down, too. He's pretty fantastic at counting, too. I have a few workbooks that we started on today, and he was super excited. I plan on starting up a preschool this fall- and today got me pretty excited. Hopefully we can keep this up every day during Channing's naptime.... (famous last words....)

-P and I stayed up till 1 am last night finishing our 500+page book we've been reading forever now. It was fantastic. I love reading with him. Its been a great time-passer as we travel to and from civilization in the car. But, I was counting on the excitement of this last book to get us through labor...oh well...

-Channing is a total parrot. He can say almost anything now, especially when Christian tell him too. Love it. Christian has also been calling him ChanMan (which we call Channing sometimes) which is Super Cute. Love It.

-In other news, despite the lack of stores and closeness of family, I am really starting to love our town. The people are amazing and we've made some great friends. I love that a nurse from the hospital will stop me in walmart (true story- happened saturday) and remember my due date. (I don't even remember seeing this nurse before! She may have helped me like ONCE on a non-stress-test..) I love the quiet, the space, the contentment.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I enjoy the rambling posts, because it reminds me of the many times we chatted in your home. Those were good times!

Congrats on curtain rods!! They are still on my someday-when-I-get-a-house-if-not-sooner list. :)

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

I'm glad you two got to go out on a date! Chinese is the best!! oh - and same here on the curtain rods=the best.

beckstarr said...

Yay, I love reading your posts, and you're SO CLOSE to meeting your sweet baby girl. I can't wait to see how beautiful she is. Very good. Keep the posts coming. You'll do great in labor! We'll have you in our prayers. A big hug, Beck

Staigerfamily said...

I like these kinds of posts . . . it gives me a little sneak into both your world and head.

I love you!! Your family is so sweet and I miss my sister like crazy. I can't wait to see what you do with those curtain rods!!

The Special Christian School sounds awesome. Call me and we can bounce off ideas!!

kristen said...

i'm just imagining seeing you 9 months pregnant and bowling...hehe. you are brave.

The Summerhays Archives