Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Month of Lovin' Day Dos

Today I am lovin' :

1) My Dear, dear, Daddy-O. It is his xxth* birthday today. Dad- we left you a message on your cell- no one answered at the house. Did you get my card? I sent you one. It better get there.
We love you tons. Thanks for being the best. and for being the only dad I know that wears long-sleeve dress shirts at the beach. With swim trunks. and for catching me off guard everytime i hear you say 'cool' or 'awesome'. Dad- I love you. WE love you. Tons. Hope this year is even better than your xyth* year.

2)A quiet street. Today (and yesterday) my boys got out their bikes and rode along our driveway and the sidewalk while I nursed Anna and watched out the front window. I am so grateful we dont live on a busy road- and that I feel totally safe doing this. I also love the smiles those that did drive by had on their faces watching 2 little boys in bright yellow coats pedal along the sidewalk. They make me smile, too.


* dad's age coded not due to his potential embarassment for how old he's getting, (frankly, I dont think he even cares about the number- just about how well he's living it) but b/c I forget....

Wait- DUH. Dad- You turned sixty. SIXTY??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Holy SMOKES. That's a BIG ONE!!!!! I cant believe i just NOW realized this. (dad's age is easy to remember- he's the only one in our family born on an Even year. He used to joke that he's the only one that's not Odd. so true, so true.)

BUT SIXTY????? Smokes. Ill have to do another post.

1 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

haha, I've never heard Dad say that. That's funny. Bike riding?! isn't there still snow on the ground!?

The Summerhays Archives